On a rolling basis, we run a startup acceleration program for ‘cultural entrepreneurs’ looking to grow their businesses in 11 sectors: television, cinema, radio, video games, visual arts, books, print media, music, concerts & festivals, architecture and advertising.
During the program, we will help your startup go to market and achieve it’s full potential. The duration of the program can be tailored to the needs of each selected participant, although six months is the standard.
For those entrepreneurs that are already further along in their business, who have specific business needs in a particular area, we can engage in shorter consulting projects. Simply fill out this form and tell us how we can help.
Our generic program provides the following benefits:
- Individually designed expert guidance from a network of experts with skills ranging from business to the arts and access to a mix of management courses: startup management seminars (topics: products, metrics, revenue, etc.)
- Access to financing opportunities for your business either through OmenaLab or through our network of financial backers.
- Access to our extensive international network of mentors, experts, partners and entrepreneurs with the required reach to unlock the potential of your creative business.
- Preferential access to co-working space throughout the African continent via our partnership with Jokkolabs.
Who is a cultural entrepreneur? To us, a cultural entrepreneur is an entrepreneur engaged in a business that promotes the relevance and significance of culture as an important part of the African landscape. We cover 11 sectors, namely television, cinema, radio, video games, visual arts, books, print media, music, concerts & festivals, architecture and advertising.
The acceleration program will benefit cultural entrepreneurs who have the passion and creative talent required for their business, but need exposure to and knowledge of business tools to succeed. Ideally, you should have at least a rudimentary business plan and the passion and enthusiasm to see it come to life. In order to apply and join the program, you will have to follow the steps below:
- Fill in our application form to give us details about you and your project. Give as much detail as possible. If you have a website, blog, app, podcast etc., we want to see it!
- A member of our team will schedule a Skype or phone conversation with you to better understand your needs.
- Selected entrepreneurs will be invited to join our program. The location for the face-to-face elements will vary depending on the locations of the chosen participants. However, we accommodate for different geographies by integrating online and Skype coaching components. When face-to-face time is required, we make it happen either by coming to you in your country, or inviting you to meet us somewhere on the continent!